Thursday, September 4, 2008

The verdict is out

Today is Sedona's second day of Preschool, and here is the verdict on all the things we were feeling Last Tuesday:



1. Sedona loves it there. (We figured she would.) She announces that she is learning to climb trees as though it's part of the curriculum. Well, to a preschooler it is! (There is a nice set up for this tree climbing that goes on. I'll show a picture sometime to alleviate any alarm. :)

2. I love knowing she is with an amazing teacher. She's in very good hands, so I can relax.

3. Marissa is getting used being alone and having more attention. She still needs lots of reassurance that we are going to go get "Andeenah" at lunchtime.

4. Marissa likes to play A LOT. Which brings me to my next point:

5. Sedona was built-in entertainment for Marissa.

6. Even with all the playing, I can still get some things done. Structure can be good.

7. We have a new focus for the time we do have all together.

8. I'm going to have to put up a bulletin board to display all these new masterpeices Sedona brings home. And maybe rent a storage unit...kid art is one of my favorite things!

9. I've always jealously guarded the things Sedona says. She's so zany and her outlook is so sweet that I never wanted to miss any of the running commentary. It's RICH and FULL OF LIFE! Yeah, I still miss that, but it's a trade off with hearing her teacher tell me about her day. That has its own special thrill!

10. A preschool whose focus is play, exploration, creativity and openness is a very good fit for us indeed!

3 comments:

Brianna Heldt said...

So glad things are going well! Your girls are precious. (And tree climbing is a great activity for little ones.)

joy said...

it is hard for the younger ones when the older ones go off to school. it is such special time together, though.

Joanie said...

Welcome to my Blog, Brianna! It's great that we can keep in touch this way.