I was going to write a quick post about the very random song I have in my head right now, when I heard Sedona singing her own song.
I don't like her,
I don't like her.
Everyday she is not nice.
It is a very sweet, soft song with a lilting tune. I kid you not.
I asked her who she doesn't like, and she whispered, "You."
Great. Well I was making her clean up her toys.
But still, ouch. Thank Goodness I was just hearing how normal this is. I think the magazine even said I should be glad that she's "developing a sense of herself separate from her parents."
Yeah... rejoicing, I'm not. But thanks to the article I did have the rare presence of mind to stay calm and just say something like, "Okay," or "That's fine," then go back to what I was doing.
And the random song in my head?
"The Unknown Stuntman" (AKA the theme from the 80's hit "The Fall Guy.")
Again, I kid you not. Maybe things aren't so random after all!
5 comments:
Ouch is right. Don't feel bad. When I am making Melanie do something she doesn't want to do - she looks right at me and says "GO AWAY! GO AWAY!" even in the middle of Target. Yep, developing that sense of self can be hard on my ego too. Keep smiling!! Cant' wait to see you Saturday! I will email you later about timing...
Oh, Joanie, sweet little Sedona wasn't really singing such a song, was she? I'm sorry. That does hurt. Remind me to tell you the story sometime of Eli wishing I would go to Heaven right now. Ahhh, the sweet moments of motherhood that stay with us. You are such a great mom and your girls are blessed. Hang in there! They are only x years for one year.
at least it was a soft song with a lilting tune. let's think positively. could've been screamed in the middle of WalMart.
loved this post. but I will have to google the fall guy song because it may be the one 80's song i am not aware of. hmmm...
My Dear Joanie-
I don’t usually write off of these blogs, but found my heart concerned. We know that your sweet heart really does love you and these are the ages to start showing them God’s love. Are we opening the door to allow what is said in love, respect, kindness or what is said with emotions, selfishness or discontent. Song or no song that language should not be tolerated or allowed to rest in your home. Our walk with God is a change of HEART, even at a young age we need to keep directing our children to the right way of thinking. God gave our children to us as a gift and that we might not misuse that. When we honor our parents in the Lord it may be well with us and we may live long on the earth. Now is the time to sit right down with Sedona and say that hurt your mommy’s feelings, I Love you so much Sedona, you are a gift to me, and I pray that we will be good friends BUT right now mommy is asking you to be a good helper and honor me. You are not allowed to sing a sad song like that again, if your feelings are hurt come talk with mommy and we will be a team. We are a team and we all help each other out- now you want mommy to teach you a new song like …whistle why you work….. BUT before you go finish cleaning your room, I would like you to say sorry mommy for singing that song….. And then tell her you forgive and I love her so much. Love Meg
So this post totally made me laugh. Especially the line, "everyday she is not nice." Ah, kids say the darndest things! :)
Post a Comment