Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not the Anniversary we had planned...

No, this was WAY BETTER!!!

Four weeks ago, Chris and I got to celebrate our Tenth Anniversary in a way that I could only describe as a Direct Blessing From Above.

How else could all this have come together at such short notice? (As in less than a week before.  Yeah, we knew our big milestone was coming but our focus was on the kitchen and well, life.)

This was truly a second honeymoon when all we had really planned was a weekend getaway.  Oh, bliss.

Not to mention that we had reservations at a comparable resort in Avila but got "bumped" over to Dolphin Bay in Shell Beach due to a processing error at Expedia.  Um, did I say comparable?  No, we would never have been able to stay in this APARTMENT that was about the size of our former condo if not for this happy accident.  And the Dolphin Bay is a gorgeous resort - I highly recommend it.

  view

 

The view from our hotel room.  I know, it's really stunning, isn't it?

 

 

We had a delicous "Chef's Taste of the Menu" at the Lido which included salmon and filet mignon, but my favorite courses were the pistachio-encrusted baby abalone and the cheese and fruit plate with real honeycomb.  Oh my.  RIght on the water at sunset... so romantic. 

 

The next day we made use of that gourmet kitchen and ate in.  (So like us to be different and actually cook on our own romantic getaway.  :)

 breakfast

Wow,that's a lot of eggs. Using the leftover lobster was an idea Chris got from a Seinfeld episode.  Delicious!

 

pretty

Before we left,  I got to go to their spa (the spa of spa's and the area we were visiting has quite a bunch) for a fabulous facial.  I still feel relaxation wash over me just thinking about it, and "relaxed" is not a normal state for me.  This was a phenomenal facial.  Delightful.

The whole thing was just what I had always dreamed of.  God is so Good.  Hey, we don't take it lightly when God decides to let us know loud and clear that he WANTS us to be happily married - we've been through too much!   As much as I adore that Ben Folds song on my playlist, luck has nothing to do with it.  This kind of anointing and renewal that we have experienced this year can only come from our Father who loves us!  Thank you, Father.

We got back home to a very sweet welcome from Sedona (Marissa was busy on her tricycle) with lots of hugs for them and my mom and dad who graciously came to our place to make it all happen. 

And then then Marissa got into the mud with her brand new ruffly-white socks (no shoes of course) and Chris had to get stitches in his hand (he's okay, Praise God) and we knew it was time to get back to reality.

But oh, there for 24 hours,  what an escape....

4 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

ahh... sound fabulous!

happy anniversary!!!!

joy said...

oh, joanie, how wonderful! i love lido's food. we've been treated to dinner there and it's fabulous and beautiful. what a blessing and gift for you both. glad you had a great time.

Larissa said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm SO glad you had such a wonderful time. I can't believe you got to stay at Dolphin Bay!!
What a treasure to have a full 24 hours devoted completely to your husband.
Love you!

Mama Mote said...

That sounds so WONDERFUL! I've been wanting to plan something for our 30th, which is in January, but not knowing where we are going to be at that time has actually made me hesitant. Maybe I'll know something this month, but by then it may be too late. But...depending on God to show me a way...might happen. We'll see. Happy Anniversary, by the way.