Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm sure we all knew what she meant

Just now, I casually asked Marissa what she wanted for her birthday, and she was a little floored to be asked such a thing.  So while she gave it some thought, Sedona asked:

Would you like my friend, Maria?  You could have Maria.

So helpful.  I think she wants to invite Maria (whose name has been changed), but she said it so sweetly and earnestly that I just couldn't address the parts of her sentences that she left out.

And wasn't that so nice of Sedona to feel so certain that all Marissa could ever want was to have her older sister's friend over?

And since I've started typing, Marissa sang one line of "Happy Bird-day to you!" and announced she wanted a birthday cake.  Sounds suspiciously like what her sister asked for.  So I asked if she wanted any toys, and she said, "No.  No, Thank you, Mommy."  She sounds quite certain.  Hmmm.

 

xblog 

(Totally unrelated picture of the girls in a fire truck at the preschool Halloween party.  Too cute to resist posting it somewhere!)

No comments: