Saturday, February 7, 2009

Four Years Old Today!

 

quilt pic

Happy Birthday to my darling girl.  Precious Sedona, you are known for your sweetness.  It's true that you are very sweet, thoughtful, and selfless, but you are also vivacious, sparkling, fun, zany and so, so creative.  You think of the  FUNNEST things to do, and you love to laugh and play.

baby girl

 Baby girl

 sbaby girl

 

 baby girl

baby girl

This year, you learned to count past 12.  You amazed me with how quickly you learned your ABC's, and now I turn around and your are writing some of them!  And even though you also started preschool this year, most of these accomplishments have came about on your own, because you love to learn.  (You also love to ask why!)  (Okay, and your sweet Daddy helped encourage you with your ABC's too.)  You know several books and enjoy 'reading' them to your dolls and cat, and you are an amazing Kitty-mommy!  I love to hear your beautiful prayers.  It has been a joy to watch you tapping away and doing twirls in your dance class, and you've even learned how to ride your new bike!  You've worked hard on listening to Mommy, and you have determination and problem-solving skills that are going to take you far in life.  I'm so proud of you, Big Girl!

Cute, Cuter, Cutest

You seem to always have a song in your heart, a dance in your step, a hand to hold, or a hug for your sister.  You are so cuddly, and I just love to stop sometimes to breathe it all in.  Oh my sweet girl, you asked if I would stop holding you when you turned 4.  I was glad to quickly reassure you that  I would not stop cuddling you, but the truth is that I'm the one who will someday have to let go, knowing the day will come when you don't asked to be rocked anymore.

Nona, Bella, Sweet pea, Chickadee, you are God's precious gift to us.  I remember when you were born and holding you in awe.  I never wanted to be apart from you, because when I hold you, I'm reminded that miracles happen on a very personal level every day.

peace at last

Thank You, Father, for this child.  What an amazing privilege to get to know her, let alone raise her.  It is a daunting task sometimes, because I don't want to crush her spirit!  Oh, Lord, she is so special and full of energy.  Thank You for Your creation in her.  Wow, Father, sometimes I still can't believe she's actually here!  Having Sedona has made me a mommy, something I always dearly wanted to be.  Thank You Father, for knowing the cry of my heart and filling my arms and home with sweet little bodies.   I ask that You bless her with health and well-being.  Please equip me to help meet her needs and grant me patience and wisdom to see the big picture of her big, beautiful, wonderful personality.  I love You, and I love her so much!  Amen.

x-blog

7 comments:

joy said...

Happy Birthday, Sedona! 4 already? What a gift and blessing you are.

Jeannett said...

Happy Birthday Sedona! What a sweet post!

Priscilla Rynning said...

WOW Joanie!! I so remember when you told us in choir that you were pregnant and how thrilled you (and all of us ladies, anyway-hehe) were! We watched you "tummy" blossom with the little one who is now known as Sedona, 4 years old!! I remember making the fun things for her and the surprise baby shower the choir had for you! What a joy and privilege to be a little part of all of your lives! Blessings and more joy!

Larissa said...

happy birthday sedona! thank you for being my friend. love, Caedra

Kate said...

happy birthday sedona! i'm sorry that it took me so long to write to you. we love you and hope your day was wonderful. you have a very special place in our hearts. kisses and hugs, suzannah and aunt kate

Mama Mote said...

I'm a little late, too. Happy Birthday, Sedona. That was a fun shower with the choir.

Brianna Heldt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEDONA! I miss getting to be in the cry room with you, your sister and your mommy. You've always been so full of life and fun, and I hope you had a very happy birthday!