Friday, February 13, 2009

Rainy Day Cuddling

DSC03355 

Brrr!  Hail and rain, and it feels like the temperature is still dropping.  I love it!  I'm actually a sunshine and warm weather person, but there's something about getting to be cozy with little ones on a stormy day.  Especially because we had the luxury of getting to stay warm and dry inside, and we needed the rain so badly. 

So Sedona, Marissa, and I have been kicking back, enjoying the sound of the rain, cuddling on the couch and watching some TV.

DSC03370

We checked to see all the cozy, warm spots the cats were curled up in, then watched some of my HGTV shows. (Why is it so relaxing to watch someone ELSE  buy or fix up their home?  Is it just me?)

Then we watched some "Martha" and finished off with a show for the girls, "Gulla Gulla Island."  Do you remember this one?  I caught a few episodes a long time ago when I first started teaching, but it takes on whole new meaning for me now as a mom.  It's just an all around nice show, but I will elaborate on that in another post. 

How are you staying warm, cozy and dry today?

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Do you ever watch "Clean House" on the style network? That one is my favorite. It inspires me to keep my house picked up. =)

I loved watching it hail this morning. I love the warm sunshine too, but hail is so rare around here. So exciting!

joy said...

sounds like a great day! wasn't that hail crazy?

Joanie said...

Oh, Lara, I know what you mean! That one on the BBC where they analyze the bacterial growth is very motivating too. (Lord, please keep me from going that far into slobdom!!!)