Monday, June 28, 2010

Thank You, Diane

For going overdue, laboring, then recovering from a C-section in order to bring your firstborn into the world on this day!  You worked hard and raised a wonderful family.  Although, I admit I’m kind of partial to this guy:

image

 

image

 

Here is his sweet mom.  Notice the look of death coming from Chris. It’s the look that says, "I don’t want to be in one more picture!  Come and eat the pizza already.”

 

 

Even with his signature scowl, he’s a wonderful Daddy, Friend and Partner and my whole world changes when I hear his laugh!

image 

He drives me completely up the wall, but there’s no other wall I’d rather have.  

Chris is very talented, supportive and dedicated.  He makes custom cakes for Sedona and Marissa’s birthdays, EVEN offering to make the ubiquitous “Barbie Princess Dress Cake,” and taking it gracefully when they had other plans.  He does puzzles and games with the girls (even when they’re under the table - literally), took time off to make it to Sedona’s Preschool Graduation AND he can do a mean Macarena at the kids’ dance recital!  He also loves balloons!  (Not really, he was helping my brother out at my nephew’s party last spring, but I adore how he looks like Christopher Robin here!)

image    image image

 

 

Always hands-on, instructing, helpful,and loving.

 

 

 

 

 

image

 

The Ariel Cake. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image

 

The Four Layer Sedona, Arizona Cake.  The kind man whom Sedona is smiling at is Larry, Chris’ stepdad, and I’m very grateful for him too!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy Birthday Dearheart!  Bummer that our vows have been so tested this year, especially the parts about richer and poorer, sickness and health, good times and bad (Oh wait! was that last part even in our vows, or am I just quoting a Bryan Adams song?  Well, if I am, then, “Baby you’re all that I want…”) 

May this year bring you treasures untold.  I’m not talking about the kind you can hold in your hands, but treasured memories and more time with our precious daughters.  May people see you for who you are and all the mad skills you have!  May you keep on filling the air with your laughter!  I love you.

image

No comments: