Sunday, December 13, 2009

Back in Business

Wow, it sure is good to be back!  We’ve had a little traveling with a super fun trip to see Chris’ family, some great times with my parents (retirement is nice), some fun rainy days, and some more construction.  Meanwhile my computer was either acting up or disconnected, but now, thanks to Chris, I’m up and running and able to download my pictures once more! 

The good news on the house:  It’s 90% done!  We have now entered the 21st century with a new heating and cooling system as well as some electrical upgrades.  So nice.  The heat just wafts through the air, all quiet and efficient.  Perfect timing too.  Thanks, Mom, Dad and Papa!

All that’s left is some landscaping, organizing, little upgrades, and a little bit of paint and trim.  The irony is that when we bought the house two years ago, I didn’t really view it as a fixer-upper.  It was move-in ready, only needing some upgrades down the line.  Then Chris held my oven hostage for a dishwasher (cute story for another post), and the rest is history.  I really do love, love, love how it all turned out.  I don’t think I would be too eager to gut another kitchen anytime soon, but I’m thankful for the hard work and investments we’ve put into our little cottage.

The bad news on the house:  well, there isn’t any, exactly, and God–willing there won’t be.  The tough financial climate has hit us on a personal level, but I’m learning to be thankful for the food on the table one day at a time.  Every month that the mortgage is paid is a blessing. Chris does a great job of saying “It’s only a house.”  Then he gazes fondly at the things which really matter – which, of course aren’t things, but two little exuberant people, whom we love so much.

 

 

image

 

 

3 comments:

Mama Mote said...

Precious, precious, precious girls. Glad to see things are going well. Yes, thank God for the roof over our heads.

Brenda said...

Glad to see you are well. Praying for you and yes we are all so ever grateful for the simple things. I got reminded yesterday when i was complaining about grocery shopping that I should be thankful that I can buy food for my family!

Kristen Borland said...

God is good, and your husband is wise!