I didn’t think I’d be able to laugh about this so soon, but well, it IS funny. Yes, we ran out of the light oak that we had purchased summer ‘08. Let this be a lesson in finishing a project in a timely manner! Chris just wanted it done, so this was the result with what we thought would be a close match. Yeah… no.
(By the by, I asked Chris if it was okay to blog about this.)
So today, I put in another afternoon of work with the Littles having to play by themselves (they’re getting way too good at that!), ripped up the floor again, and came up with this design. It went a lot quicker than the first time since Chris had already helped me with the stubborn pieces and cutting.
There, that’s better!
Still not quite what I originally had in mind since we were going for a simple vintage-farmhouse look, but it beats the old vinyl with the big rip in it (due to an exploratory mission to find out what was under there before we started. It’s been like that since July ‘08. Renovating is fun.)
And I only had to stop for poop once!
4 comments:
that looks really good! i like it! amazing how accidents can end up being such a great solution!
I love this! I can't believe you did it! You are so incredibly talented. Wow! That's all I can say...Wow! I know it's not how you envisioned it but it really looks great.
great job!! It really is beautiful, Joanie!
you know what? i LOVE the striped look!!! excellent job! sometimes we receive blessings in round-about ways!
Post a Comment