Is a special kind of torture.
More than a year after we installed the flooring in the rest of the house, I’m finally getting to the hallway.
I have been working on this all morning and into the afternoon and I have a whopping five planks in!
Did I give up when I needed to cut a piece to fit the doorway?
No.
What about when I realized I did it all wrong and cut the part out that I was supposed to leave intact?
No, not then. And I didn’t give up when I refabricated it and it …mostly fit – just needed a little shave off the edge.
Maybe I gave up when that piece still just. wouldn’t. budge?
No.
What about when Marissa screamed and whined and proceeded to get stuck while removing her shirt?
No, not even then.
Well, what did it take for me to throw in the towel and wait until Chris got home?
Poop.
Yes, poop.
Marissa was still taking off her clothes and took off a poopy pull-up. Oops. Some got on her sister’s bed. We can wash it. Sedona did not freak out, thank Goodness, and I had already freaked out when the screaming was going on earlier – at the same time that darned piece was being stubborn. So, it was time to cool off with a shower for everyone and a snack and now I’ll watch “House Hunters” and talk to the TV advising young couples to run the other way if they EVEN THINK about buying the little vintage (fixer-upper) cottage!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding. I adore my house.
Did I mention the water damage from the storm?
5 comments:
oh man! you lasted much longer than i because i wouldn't have attempted that project in the first place!!
you personally are putting in flooring while your husband is gone and your girls are home?!!!! girl, you rock. hats off to you because i could not do it. and isn't it funny how poop pretty much makes us stop whatever we are doing to deal with it? don't underestimate the power of the poop :)
Wow! Well done, Joanie. Sorry about the water damage, though. hugs
I am so incredibly impressed that you are installing flooring in your home!! What a woman you are! That really is amazing! I hope it gets done quickly and I'm sure it will look wonderful and you'll be so proud of your work!
um, we definitely need to see some pics!! you go girl!!
Post a Comment