Got the tune in your head? Good. (If not, I’ve included a nice clip below. I promise to stop putting YouTube on my blog after this!) Now add these words, if you please:
Some enchanted evening,
You may see a guy you know,
You may see a guy you know,
At the Lucky’s Market.
And you don’t quite know,
No, not even then
But you hope you might get to see him again.
Some enchanted evening,
You’ll hope you got his name right,
And that he didn’t notice
How much cheese was in your basket.
And there was a full moon that night,
As strange as it seems,
And his boyish grin
Will replay in your dreams.
Who can explain it?
Who can tell you why?
Fools give you reasons,
Wise men never try.
Some enchanted evening,
When you find your true love,
When you hear him call you
From the Kinko’s telephone,
Then fly to his side,
And make him your own,
Or all through your life you
May dream all alone.
Once you have found him,
Never let him go.
Once you have found him,
Never let him go!
Thanks for bearing with me and reading a little about our story. (I don’t know what’s up with the line spacing. Crazy. Thanks to ST. Lyrics for the actual words, and to Rodgers & Hammerstein for much of the inspiration in my life.)
16 years ago today, I bumped into my sweetie at the store across town -that I didn’t usually go to. It was a full moon, and I had just finished a training shift for my new job as a long distance operator. I must have just gotten paid, because I remember being so hungry and so glad that I got to get some groceries! And there was Chris…or was his name something else? Oh, Lord! Did I get it right???? I remember he had just a few things (mayo, maybe hot dogs). I had A LOT. I was embarrassed about my enormous quantity of food. Or maybe I was embarrassed that I was so excited about food. One of us must have had milk – maybe it was him, because for the longest time I teased him about his “Blue” (AKA nonfat) milk. And he also might have been wearing his Angels' hat, because I teased him about that too. Yes, Ladies, anything to flirt with this tall guy, right? And we may or may not have had a bet about me resisting the urge to tease his team for two whole weeks. We were just friends over the summer, but something was brewing, and it all started that night!
(Or maybe a little before that…)
5 comments:
so fun! thanks for sharing your story.
oh i love it! thanks for sharing how you met!
especially the part about the cheese. had me laughing!
looking forward to more of your story...!
NO WAY IT HAS BEEN 16 years!!!! love the story....(every time I hear that song about fishing - i think of you :-) Love you both!
Post a Comment