Monday, April 19, 2010

Just checking in….

To say that I was at a birthday party yesterday, and I’ve been to so many recently that I forgot who the birthday girl was!  And it would be at least something if I could say I spoke someone else’s name, but no, it was a blur of consonants and vowels.  Embarrassing.  Thank God no one noticed.

Everything to report and nothing.  Lots going on keeping me from posting, but no real news per se.   Just getting ready for kindergarten and preschool.  I need to get Marissa’s big girl bed put together, but I’m just not ready for her to be this big!  She is growing faster than I can process, and oh!  The grown-up things these kids are saying!  Too much.  What blessings.

Here is this morning’s “got-to-get-the-moment-hope-we won’t-be-too-late-for-school” pic:

  DSC08173Looking at a caterpillar.

DSC08174  DSC08175

Marissa is singing, Sedona is saying “Cheese” to the ground.

 

DSC08176

Sedona is continuing the theme of cheetah print with two long sleeve shirts.  Please notice that we had to fold the sleeves just so.  We couldn’t have the other shirt not seen!  This outfit is just exactly her.  Cats, bright colors, fun!  (It’s one of her favorites.  Please do not tell her it’s actually jammies.  She wouldn’t believe you anyway, and do you really want that argument?)  Marissa wears her Princess dress about three times a week.  It was intended to be her Easter dress, but she wore it on Palm Sunday, and that’s okay with me.  Why?  Aren’t I usually kind of uptight about all that?  Well, yes I am, but my parents were in town, so it was fun to get fancied up a little early so they could enjoy it.  I also got the girls’ portraits done in advance, so I could relax in the knowledge that the pictures were already taken – no need to think about it on Easter. 

Which is a good thing, because I only saw my Littles for a few minutes at church.  UNHEARD OF.  I still feel kind of weird about it, but overall so grateful that Chris brought them for me so I could go (very) early and sing with the Choir.  The reason I missed them is because they were in the overflow room at an earlier service than I was expecting. Guess the girls were just too excited!  Sweet family.

Hope you’re having a great day!  If you get a chance, check out my friend Jeannett's blog.  I have not been the same since she started this.  These stories are AMAZING, and they make me cry and hold just a little tighter to my little loves.  You will not regret it.

2 comments:

Jeannett said...

your girls! oh! i can't wait to see the relationship between my own grow! (and thanks for the kind words friend!)

Kate said...

ok, i have to say that i think marissa is the spittin image of your mom! crazy!!