Friday, March 12, 2010

Joy, Joy, Joy!

My heart is singing right now.  Sedona and I had a GOOD day.  A GREAT day.  A memory-for-a-lifetime day, at least for me, anyway.  And I think for her too.

First we trekked on over to her preschool’s Trike-a-thon to raise money for St. Jude’s Hospital.

image

I know, how cute, right?  Marissa even got to participate, and boy, was she ready!  (It’s not too late to sponsor if you’re interested.)

 

image image

 

Then, my sweet mom showed up, and it is always so fun when she comes to town. 

She was in town to help babysit because Chris was at an interview for supplemental income, which appears he got hired for, pending God’s will and one more email.  He’ll be consulting and doing his engineer thing, which, let’s face it, he is quite gifted in.  And he still keeps his current job, which provides stability for us in the form of predictable hours and keeping our benefits.  We love our doctors and dentists, so that’s pretty nice to keep status quo with them!  Yay, Chris.  You are rocking the genius thing.  I’m so proud of you!  (They found him through his blog!)

So Mom watched a very exhausted Marissa while Sedona and I went to

 

Wait for it…

 

 

 

 

 

HER KINDERGARTEN WELCOME

INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

OMG.

For safety reasons, I won’t be disclosing the name of her school on this blog -
I may transition to another blog just for more personal info, etc., but that remains to be seen.  Anyhoo, it is a BIG DEAL, and we love her new school!

We are so excited.  Last week, I had butterflies turning in the paperwork, but today, I am hoping, hoping, hoping it all falls into place and that this is the Lord’s will for us.  She was a little clingy afterward, but opened up to her amazing teacher during the interview, using inflection and conversational language and everything.  My little girl is blossoming.  I seriously don’t know how five years flew by so fast.

My favorite part of the day was walking around the school, just her and me.  I felt so close to her, so privileged to be a part of her life in this way.  She is so dear.

Once Sedona was reassured that there would be monkey bars and other fun things to do at recess, she felt better about this new chapter in her life.  She was so happy, she told Bubbe and Daddy all about it on the phone.  Every.last.detail.   Tee Hee! 

She has been so excited about kindergarten that she’s been telling everyone in the grocery store, on the street or in the park that she only has “two more shots left and then she can go to kindergarten.”  She knows her check up and immunizations were the start of her moving on from her beloved preschool, only we did have to convince her that she actually has to wait until Fall, but it will fly by for us, won’t it?

Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank You that You have made this time to be a joyous one.  Thank You for the gifts you have bestowed upon my precious daughters.  It is exciting to see this new phase unfold, but scary too, and we need Your guidance.  Please bless this time for us, and make it fruitful for all of us. We know we’re going to need Your help to persevere through the burn-out times, and we trust in You, Father.   Please keep these girls safe wherever they are, in whatever they are doing, whether right by my side or far away.

Thank You also for Chris and his abilities to work, provide and care for us, all while putting family first.  I pray this new job will bless him and open up doors that You would have opened to him.  Thank You for using our vocations to provide for us, even though we know You could do it any way that You desired!

Praise You, Father, for all that You are.  Thank You for the recent struggles that have helped punctuate this day as a truly joyful one. Amen.

imageimage

Girls in mid-twirl on a beautiful Spring day.

 

image  image

Sedona is holding her cat Bounder, and Marissa is holding her cat Goldie, though it isn’t always easy to tell them apart.  The cats, that is.  (And sometimes the girls too!)

image

So Sweet.  Yes, those dresses are also yummy and divine, kind of like their wearers.

5 comments:

joy said...

yay! so exciting, joanie. it's kind of bittersweet starting the whole school thing, as it means a whole new chapter in our children's lives. but, you will love it; and sedona will love it, too. welcome! :)

Brenda said...

Wow! Kindergarten. I just know she will do wonderfully whereever she is. Praise God for great schools that make the parents feel good inside and comfortable with sending their children there.

The pics of the girls are just priceless in the Sweet Wild Meadow. Melanie just learned how to twirl dresses recently and now that is all she wants to wear.

Glad to hear about Chris' new opportunity. God is so good!

Take care and know that we love you!

Kristen Borland said...

oh kindergarten!! glad to hear she is excited and has already seen her class. that will help the first day go more smoothly.

those dresses... oh my goodness, those dresses!!!! some of the cutest ever (and some of the cutest GIRLS ever!)... and seeing your girls twirly... i SO look forward to raising a girl!!! (you know, because of the twirling and cute dresses... but i don't look forward to the attitude that's already emerged!)

Club said...

Wow... It's a very unique blog.

Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://club-kidzscience.blogspot.com/

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.

Brianna Heldt said...

Oh Joanie SO EXCITING!!! SUCH an amazing privilige to walk through life with our sweet little ones.

My goodness I remember meeting you when you were PREGNANT with Sedona, at Kate's baby shower. Anna was several months old then and I think you were nearly due. Time certainly does fly!

And yes, those dresses are PRECIOUS! Love and miss you!