I thought, as I was starting to wake up around 6. Wow, lots of rain. Think I’ll check on the girls. Okay, they’re fine. Sleeping soundly through the storm, although Sedona was so excited about seeing thunder and lightning. Maybe she still will. Marissa didn’t want the thunder and lightning, but she kept saying with excitement, “The storm is coming!” To which I would reply, “Oh, this IS the storm, Sweetheart.”
So, everybody is still sleeping soundly, and I continue checking around the house. Everything is holding up. I think I’ll go look out the kitchen window, just to take in the awesomeness of the downpour.
Oh.
Good thing Chris doesn’t have to go to work! I liked that tree, but just last night when I was out on the porch trying to get that perspective I was craving (see my previous post), I was thinking that we needed to eventually do something about it. About a third of it was dead already, and it was blocking the new tree that was trying to grow beneath it.
Now onto the praise, because that is what I felt when I saw that it had fallen. Look at how it fell so NEATLY! No one was injured, no property damage to cars or houses, and it seems to have fallen squarely onto the sidewalk and not into the road. Cool, huh? I so felt the Hand of God in this! I was so thankful that all of this nature was happening very far away from the girls’ room. Praise God for their safety, as well as our safety!
I will definitely miss that tree. It was a great tree that gave us several babies that I have been able to transplant around the yard, but it is just another example of being able to cast our cares upon our Savior. More on that to come!
1 comment:
Glad to hear that NOTHING was hurt by the fallen tree, except the tree of course. Be well, the wind is blowing so hard here, your rain will soon be my rain.
Post a Comment