Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Going Stir Crazy

Rain.  Love it as long as I don’t have to be out in it with the kids.  Husband home.  Fourth or fifth week of furlough (which means unemployment with our benefits intact, Praise God.)  Possible work for him at end of week.  Third time in that much time that he has had an illness.  Yes, it’s due to stress.  Can’t clean my office.  It’s also the TV Room and the place you will find him recuperating.  At all times. Miss my shows (House Hunters), my space, my financial freedom, my autonomy.  Trying to be grateful that he is home and being such a help with sharing the parenting load.  Am grateful.  Also very proud of him for considering helping Haiti when it comes time to re-do their infrastructure.  Awesome guy.  Kids are fighting.  Trying to be grateful that they get along most of the time.  Am grateful.

Ugh.  I want to go for a walk and get some fresh air, fresh perspective.  Is lightening and thunder really predicted?  A tornado warning in SoCal???  Hope family there is safe. 

Crazy.  What a strange time.  Lots of blessings, lots of struggles.  Lots of GRACE and lots and lots of mysterious gift cards falling into our laps.  Jehovah Jireh.  God is bigger than our jobs and paychecks, as my sister-in-law MM says.  I agree.

God, I’m so glad you’re bigger than this stuff.  Thank You for little smiles and little hugs.  Thank You for big support from our families and thank You for Your provision.  Thank you that stormy times are followed by sunshiny times.  Thank you for perspective.

3 comments:

Kate said...

oh joanie! lets get together, ya ya ya! we could have a swingin time ;).
how about next week?

joy said...

Hi, Joanie. I had no idea that Chris has been on furlough for so long. What a challenge. i appreciate your positive perspective in trying circumstances. Thank you for the reminder of how great our God is. Hugs to you, friend!

Brenda said...

Furlough? Yikes! Love your perspective, God will bless you for that. Keep your chin up, prayers going up, and I will be lifting you up in prayer to so God can hold you UP! Soon, everything will be looking UP! I will send you a note about when Jason was laid off - what a stress that was on him. Men typically don't do that well, so I will be praying exta hard for Chris too.