My Dad retires from his farm implement business tomorrow. I think he’s worked waaaaay more days than that because he worked Saturdays a lot too. And you know the old adage about owning your own business and never getting to take a vacation, right? :)
So, Dad, here’s to you and your 10,962 plus days of work! I’m so proud of you and your hard work and your legacy you have passed down to us. I’d hate to count how many Sundays you got called at 6am to go get a tractor part…but you had a cheerful heart about it, and well, harvest season is harvest season.
You already know that the girls are very excited about more time with you - what a blessing!
P.S. My mom quietly retired a few years ago. She was one of his secretaries, so you kind of have to figure her number might be more in the 20,000’s since she was taking care of the three of us hooligans, plus my dad, plus working for him. Hee, hee, they’re both so patient with each other. So here’s to you too, Mom!
Time to Roll!
No comments:
Post a Comment