Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Music

My Husband hates my playlist. Or rather, he hates the idea of playlists anywhere. I don't know why. I just tell him to pause it and voila! No more music. But can I just tell you, those songs I had previously wasted so much time picking out just now uplifted me in a way that few things could? Surprised me, actually that it was like hearing them for the first time.

Do you ever feel the Lord reach out to you in those ways? He chose today to let me know of His great love for us, and that He is intimately familiar with our sorrows and struggles. It's comforting. It's like He's saying, "I know, I know. But we're going to get through this together."

Thank you, Lord.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1

It is so very good to know that the One who made me knows His plan for my life. He is asking me to trust him, and I need to take that step, focusing on Him and the many blessings He's already bestowed on us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fernando Ortega?? Amy Grant and Fernando Ortega?? We are too similar. I used to sing with him at my church down south. Another authentic, warm and humble person. Love the playlist because when I open all of my blogs to read, your music plays throughout all the blogs!

Brenda said...

Playlist, I love it! Just when I need something uplifting your play list is there - can't wait to try to do one myself on my blog. I am such a copy cat - but I love it!