Busily skipping right past her 10th birthday blog post, (and subsequently Marissa’s 9th) I knew it was the right time to update my blog with a post celebrating our Beautiful Sedona Christine!
She turns 11 today, and oh boy. The double digits so far have been a challenge, but we have had made some very sweet memories as well.
We started with adopting Sedona’s long-awaited-for bunny. Holly the Holland Lop was given to Sedona for her 10th birthday, and she has been a welcome addition to our family. She is sweet, cuddly, bossy, and so precious. Sedona had been dreaming of having a bunny since she was 6. Most of her first grade art depicts the sweetest leaping bunnies. She has been researching bunny care for almost as long, so she was quite prepared for our new arrival! We found her on the rescue site, “Rescue Me,” and we brought her all the way back from Oakland. She was so worth the trip!
Sedona’s next adventure was getting to go to Monterey Bay for a spelling tournament! Well done, Sedona!!! She studied every night and we were so proud of her for all of her hard, hard work and perseverance in chasing her dreams and achieving her goals.
In April, Sedona and I had the time of our lives on the History-rich tour of the State Capitol, gold mines, Coloma, panning on the American River, and camping with her class at Rock-n-Water Christian Camps. The docents were in character as men and women from the Gold Rush, and it was a sweet, sweet time of prayer, fellowship and fun. I’m so thankful we got to have that time together. I will cherish those memories forever.
Sedona has now joined Marissa at their new school, and things are going beautifully! In October, she was almost elected to the Student Council and that’s pretty impressive at only 6 weeks in to a new school – and in 5th grade. I’m so proud of her for her vivaciousness, confidence, and personality. She is going to go far!
She continues to take Ballet, and got the part of one of the Dutch Dolls in our Christmas performance of Babes in Toyland. It was exciting to watch her dance and dance. Sedona is learning many different arts and crafts techniques and more complicated pieces in piano, and impressively, she keeps up straight A’s and amazing math scores all the while doing her extra-curriculars.
Dear Sedona, you amaze me! I love your spunk and love of adventure. I love how aware of your accomplishments you are – I believe that will take you far (provided you also retain a certain degree of humility.) My prayer is that you would seek God’s will in using your astounding gifts, and that you would know how much we love you and are delighted to have you as our daughter. It is an honor to get front row seats to watching you grow up before our very eyes. Happy Eleventh Birthday, my treasured child. Enjoy your day, and may this new year be full of love, memories, and gentle blessings raining down upon you. I love you, Sedona! I always have, and I always will. Take care of yourself, beloved young lady. Life is an adventure indeed!
Our little flower at 12 months – Photo credit: The Picture
People
The beach is one of her favorite places! She is 4 years old
here. (Time, stop flying!!!) Photo credit: Jim Maciel (my wonderful Dad)
Sedona at her Kindergarten graduation, age 6. This seems so appropriate as the start of her very impressive academic career! Photo Credit: Jim Maciel
My lovely young lady turning 10. I love everything about
this picture, especially her sparkling smile, her graceful hands, and her
pastel-colored Mochi cake!
Sedona and Holly are gazing into each other’s eyes just
after Sedona’s 4th grade spring concert.
At our family photo shoot this summer. She’s wearing her
favorite dress! (It is exactly HER) And oh, those gorgeous freckles! Photo
Credit: Susie Illia
Sedona as a Dutch Doll for Babes in Toyland 2015. Note the
yellow ballet slippers! It is a very big deal to have specially-painted
performance shoes, and these are even more special because they were painted by
our show’s director, Miss Molly. And, Oh! to watch Sedona dance! She is so
strong and graceful!
This was from our photo shoot after the spring recital. We
always like to have a little tutu fun. I captured this leap on the third try.
It’s the perfect picture to leave with because it captured her spirit, and this
leap symbolizes the kind of year I hope she will have. Aim high, My Beautiful
Sedona! I know you will achieve your dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment