I lovey love love Susan Ashton’s songs. They are about more than a pretty voice, which indeed she has. Her songs have such soul! Songs like, Love Profound, Lonely River, Better Angels of Our Nature, The Gift and of course, one of our wedding songs, You Move Me all speak to different circumstances in our lives. Some of her songs reflect on our walk with God, while others are more introspective. Others are about relationships. The phrase “It’s all good!” takes on a whole new meaning when I am referring to this artist whom I have loved ever since my brother gave me her cd way back in 1994 (when I bought my first CD player.How time flies!) Come to think of it, he probably burned me a tape (wait…burned me a tape…mixed me a tape? How did we used to say that???) with her songs on it too.
The other day I happened to pull out a CD of hers to have on in the background while I cleaned the playroom. When this song came on, I had to listen again. It had been a while since I’d listened to it, and I had forgotten how SPOT ON the words are. It really spoke to me and some things going on in my life, and it also seems like a perfect song to share with my girls.
We know life isn’t always going to be easy as they are growing up. I pray it will be easy, but that doesn’t leave a lot of room for growth. Oh, this parenting thing is HARD! Though it breaks my heart to see how they have already been doubted (I know, right?!? Who would DARE???), I have to trust that my daughters will be gaining character from the experiences. (Remind me to tell the story of how my own Momma defended me when I was in 7th grade, saying, “But she already has enough character!!!!” Thanks , Mom. You always believed in me. I heart you as wide as the beautiful blue sky!)
I also hope I can whisper these words to them and that my daughters will truly hear them in their hearts and have courage and confidence to keep going.
So without further ado:
Want the lyrics? Click here
Want to see a beautiful picture of a rose? Click here to see the Honor Rose. (I know, so apropos, isn’t it?) I might have to put some of these babies in my front yard!
Blessings to you this day!
No comments:
Post a Comment