This is my EXACTLY-what-it-means-to-be-a-mom photo. And looking back after not having seen it in years, it cracks me up every time.
Maybe it’s the screaming baby in the baby bjorn. Or the cute pigtails of my toddler as she looks out toward some fun Disneyland sighting. (That’s a tiny Sedona in the red outfit.)
Is it the huge purse weighing down my right shoulder? Could it be the fact that I’m holding, let’s see, no less than one, two, three, four, five items in just my left hand alone?!?
Am I really smiling or just putting on a brave face? I’m pretty sure I didn’t see the humor in it at the time.
Am I thinking a stroller would be a very good idea right about now? (Just ask my dear hubby about that one sometime. He very vehemently dislikes the things. I happen to love them.)
I don’t know. The whole thing just cracks me up. I love how the exact feel of the moment was captured.
And though there were, and are, and have yet to be some hairy times where all I can do is juggle and hold on to what’s in my hand, I am so grateful that seven years ago, a week after celebrating a Mother’s Day where I wondered if I was ever going to get to be a mother myself, I found out that I was indeed going to have a baby of my own. And then along came another!
Let the adventure begin!
1 comment:
Amazing how much can change in what is a relatively short amount of time! Great photo and stroll down memory lane!
Post a Comment