Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter was lovely!

Easter was a lovely blessing with lots of togetherness and memories, another GREAT sermon at Church, some candy, a few goodies in the girls' beeyootiful baskets that Marissa helped pick out, a super-fun Easter Egg Hunt and a  nice ham dinner to finish it all off. 

We enjoyed gorgeous weather and scenery:

DSC04356 

The Easter Egg Hunt was filled with laughter and adorable exclamations of "I found it!  I found it!" 

DSC04299

Here we have the Easter Bunny hat, pink basket, and "Mary had a Little Lamb" Mask.

Preschoolers are so fun!

DSC04298 

Our get-ups for egg hunting.  They both went with the vintage look - Sedona loves all things "Old-fashioned," and Marissa is wearing a dress that my mom made for me when I was little.  And of course, no fancy outfit would be complete without their boots.

DSC04309 

Precious sisters.

 DSC04349

Thank you, Jesus, that You gave Your  life for us that we would be free to enjoy big things like salvation and eternal life, as well as the little things like playing together on a lovely spring day.  You reassured us that You desire for us to have an abundant life on all different levels, and that no detail is too small for you, like flowers and clothing.  Lord, You are amazing because you are the Creator of our lives, the Author of our stories, and the Provider of our memories.  Lord, what can I say in the face of Your suffering?  May I somehow honor You in savoring the sweetness of this day?  My heart is light at the thought of our fun family time!  Thank You for treasuring children and their precious ways, and for treasuring us enough to love us completely, undeservedly, without reservation, sacrificially, and victoriously.  I love You.  Amen.

3 comments:

Mama Mote said...

Yes, I do love the boots. So glad you were able to have fun in the meadow.

Anonymous said...

Joanie, these are the sweetest pictures! Are they in your backyard?? I've got to see where you live! Beautiful! And those dresses...so precious.

Brenda said...

Sweet sisters, blonde curls, vintage dresses, tall grass in a sweet meadow, Easter eggs and the innocence of children...Lord we are so richly blessed - they are beautiful!